Sat, Feb 27|
The Audition Room
KIDS Animation Voice-Over Workshop
2-Day, COVID-conscious workshop covering all aspects of VO performance for animation and video games. Kids will unlock their unique voices, improve script skills, learn techniques, AND record their very own demo! Beginner and experienced voice actors welcome! [Feb 27-28 for KIDS 8-12]
Time & Location
Feb 27, 2021, 11:00 AM EST
The Audition Room, 1320 E Washington St, Louisville, KY 40206, USA
About The Event
KIDS Animation VO Workshop & Recording Session
February 27-28, 2021. | Ages 8-12
About the event:
The voice-over industry has changed. That's a good thing! Now, there's more diversity and more opportunities than ever before. It's no longer an industry dominated by LA and NYC studios. Projects of all VO genres are now found all across the country. In the wake of this evolution, young voice artists have perhaps benefited the most. They've experienced a significant increase in auditions for exciting voice work, including animation and video games! To book this type of work, you'll first need to equip yourself with the essential knowledge and techniques used to build and control a stronger, more versatile voice.
At KIDS Animation Voice-Over Workshop & Recording Session, you'll gain a new understanding of your vocal instrument and how to use your voice like never before. We'll cover the varied areas of animation voice work and how to find available projects in this region. We'll also explore voice storytelling components, including line delivery and emotion, as we help attendees discover the many different types of character voices. Throughout the workshop, we'll share tips and techniques for producing effective vocal variety; pace, pitch, volume, voice placement, mic control. All attendees will have an opportunity to put their new skills to work on the second day of this event by recording their very own animation demo, professionally produced by Everything Cinema Productions!
DAY 1 [Workshop]
• Understanding the animation VO industry.
• Develop your unique voices.
• Better understand VO scripts and (voice) storytelling elements.
• Learn pro techniques for increased vocal variety and control.– We'll find the perfect script copy for each attendee and work with them to find the right pace, energy, and tone ahead of their recording session.
DAY 2 [Individual Recording Sessions]
• The sessions are by appointment only. Once you've registered for this workshop, the event hosts will email you a link to an online signup form for your preferred time slot.
• Each attendee will receive professional direction throughout their recording session to ensure their demo recording best reflects their unique talents within the craft.– All VO recordings will receive pro editing, mixing, and mastering, complete with original sound design, courtesy of Everything Cinema Productions. Attendees will receive both a .wav and .mp3 copy of their demo recording, via email, once post-production is complete.
DATES & TIMES
**Please Note: This is a COVID-conscious event. Make sure to wear a mask! You'll be unmasked for your recording in a sanitized area.
To provide a safe and healthy environment, we offer two different class times on day one of this workshop, each with limited seating.**
• WORKSHOP: Saturday, February 27, 2021
11:00AM – 1:00PM
2 :00PM – 4:00 PM
• RECORDING SESSION: Sunday, February 28, 2021, 10:00AM – 4:00PM*
(*Individuals are only to attend their session time slot - See above for more details)
EVENT TICKET INFORMATION
A ticket to KIDS Animation Voice-Over Workshop & Recording Session includes full access to the workshop and a guaranteed recording session spot on day two.
At the session, attendees will record one animation VO demo (15 to 30-second VO).
• Ticket Option 1 | 11:00AM-1:00PM workshop + One VO Demo Recording on Day 2 | $225
• Ticket Option 2 | 2:00PM-4:00PM workshop + One VO Demo Recording on Day 2 | $225
The Audition Room | Everything Cinema Productions
1320 East Washington Street Louisville, KY 40206
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTORS
Sarah East (Owner - The Audition Room) is a working actress, casting director, and member of the Screen Actors Guild. She's worked as an Audition Coordinator and Acting Coach with the area's largest talent agency and production companies for almost a decade, learning the casting process from the inside out. After graduating from The American Musical and Dramatic Academy in 2005, Sarah spent time in New York City performing sketch comedy and improv before moving to Louisville, where she's grown her theatrical and on-camera resume to include nearly 100 Co-Star, Spokesperson, and Principal credits in film/TV, commercial, and live shows. Sarah's work as a private acting coach has been credited with helping students and adults book on-camera roles in box office feature films, tv shows, and commercials.
Neil Mulac (Owner, Everything Cinema Productions) is a professional actor, voice artist, filmmaker, screenwriter, and teacher. He is an alumnus of the University of Louisville, where he studied both Theatre and English. Neil has appeared in numerous plays, music videos, commercials, films, and television projects, including the Hallmark channel's original film, An Uncommon Grace. He has also co-hosted and instructed a wide variety of acting classes and workshops including, Improv for On-Camera Auditions, Intro to Physical Comedy, Auditioning for TV/Film Intensive, The Type Workshop, and Film Acting Summer Camps.
11:00AM - Kids Animation VO
This ticket is for the 11am-1pm class on Saturday, February 27. Your individual recording session will be scheduled separately on Sunday, February 28
2:00PM - Kids Animation VO
This ticket is for the 2pm-4pm class on Saturday, February 27. Your individual recording session will be scheduled separately on Sunday, February 28